Sunday 24 April 2011

Bird house finished!

I was able to spend some time stitching this week so I made my felted birdhouse, an online tutorial by Betz White.  This was such fun to do and I love the result although my husband doesn't quite understand the need for it!!

Felted birdhouse - Betz White designs

Back view

A window box on one side

And a butterfly and tree on the other side

The cute little bird
 So, what do you think?
I have run out of red thread for my Vignette quilt flowers so I'm stitching the butterflies instead, then just the smaller flowers to stitch - about 52 of them I think! lol!
Happy Easter and happy stitching.

10 comments:

  1. What a pretty birdhouse! Do you know the link for the pattern? I would love to make one, or at least put it on the to-do list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your birdhouse !! So pretty !!
    Happy Easter !!
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your birdhouse is adorable!! Funny how husbands just don't get cute/pretty just for the sake of it things isn't it.

    Oh boy.... I'm just tracing Vignette block 2/3 border stitchery now. How many flowers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your birdhouse...it is adorable! I wish I would have known about that tutorial before so I could have done it. Sure sounds like you are progressing well with your Vignette block, I need to get to work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the birdhouse, very,very cool!!!!Funny how husbands don't quite understand the need but still support you anyway!Gotta love them-don't you!!
    Happy stitching, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Wendy
    Love your birdhouse!! It is so attractive and the little bird is gorgeous. It is a very pretty project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are a very clever girl Wendy, love to see what you are doing..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bird house is beautiful,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your birdhouse is gorgeous. Happy stitching,

    ReplyDelete
  10. your bird house is stunning well done

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!