Monday 16 May 2011

It's Monday again!

Back to the weekly routine!  Kids off to school and I visit my parents each Monday morning, getting home about lunch time to get into some work.  Today is cold and blustery so I think I will light a fire once home in the afternoon - fire's are my favourite part of winter and make our home so cosy!!
Last week I finished stitching my first row of hexagon flowers together and started on my next twenty flowers - only completed two so far!
I also completed the applique for the fourth block of the Boys Story quilt, this week I will hopefully finishing sewing this block together.  I found the applique quite hard after not doing it for a couple of months - all those little pieces! 
Last week a new book arrived that I had ordered - Tis the Season by Natalie Bird - I don't know when I will find the time for this pattern but I think it is really nice so maybe I will get one of the smaller patterns made for Christmas!  I bought it from http://www.fionamarie.com/ and she also gave me this gorgeous waterlily pattern - thanks Fiona, I love it!
I hope you all have a marvellous Monday, perhaps with better weather than I'm having!
Happy stitching, Wendy

4 comments:

  1. Ok... you've done it! I'm ordering A Boys Story right now. Your Castle block clinched the deal..
    it's lovely. I lit our woodstove tonight... yeh it's almost summer here but still cold enough for a fire in the evening. Have fun stitching in the warm. Mush dash and catch up with some hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful projects you are working on,they look great,well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed by your hexagons...so beautiful !! and I love your castle !!
    Don't you think it's cruel: there's always new lovely patterns that we want to do !!! and so many in progress ! :)
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh you have done it again...I don't know the Boys Story Quilt, but I love it...and I would love to make it. I've been looking at the Tis the Season pattern for some time. I will be too late to stitch with the stitch-a-long, maybe we should do our own once we finish all these Vignette quilts! You have amazing progress on your quilts...love those hexies!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!