Thursday 30 June 2011

Vignette stitching

This week is racing by and I feel like I haven't had much time to read all your inspiring blogs!  Tonight we have my dear father-in-law's birthday dinner so perhaps after that I can have a blog catch-up!
In the weekend I completed the shoo-fly blocks and started the stitching of the Vignette block 4, so far I have finished the bird stitchery ...

The orchid posy in the top photo is for my father-in-law and while I was choosing that for him I found a cute heart for me ...
I think it will look perfect hanging beside my cross stitch one day!
I hope to 'see' you this evening, happy stitching, Wendy

11 comments:

  1. I had a close up look at your stitching... it is so beautifully done... I love your colour choices.. this is going to be lovely....
    ... enjoy the dinner...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post Wendy and hope you have a lovely dinner tonight and yur blocks are wonderful,well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours you have chosen for the mystery quilt. Its inspired me to give at a go and make it different colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stitchery, what thread have you used on the flowere? Your father-inlaw is going to love the orchid!
    Happy stitching, Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your celebration. Lovely block...I love little birdies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous stitchery and I love the shoo fly blocks and the fabric you have used.
    love the little heart and cross stitch.
    can't wait till you get stuck into that border stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your heart is lovely !!! Bravo for your block 4 ! You're so advanced...
    Have a nice birthday party !
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wendy, your work is just beautiful. You are so far along in your quilt.. Love the heart and your beautiful cross stitch.. Hope you have alovely time at your party..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your "Vignette" stitching and colours Wendy. It is going to be a beautiful quilt. Enjoy the birthday celebrations. The orchids and the heart were both great finds!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI :) I found your blog through the Vignette in Stitches one and just wanted to say I LOVE your version.! Such great colours. I'm thinking of doing this and definitely want to follow a similar colour scheme. Lovely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Vignette is looking wonderful. Good on you for keeping up to date with it! Cute little heart - I have that one too and I love it. Hope you're having a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!