Sunday 20 October 2013

Pay it forward

This week I concentrated on catching up with my Chateau Hexagon blocks.  I completed block four, cranky geese, and have made a start on block five.  Well, I have made seven yoyos anyway which will become hollyhock flowers as part of the stitchery.  I also made a start on my next knitting project, another cardy for me.  This time I have chosen a summery bright colour and I plan to make a sundress to go with it.  
I am not responsible for all the other gorgeousness in this post but I am very happy to receive it.  Back in January Noela had received a Pay it Forward gift and asked if three people would like to get a handmade gift from her and in return make handmade gifts for three other bloggy friends.  I was one who responded and my gift arrived yesterday.  Noela has made me the most beautiful table runner and mug rug with a gorgeous embroidered 'W', as well as giving me some fabric, chocolates and a calender for next year.  Thank you so much Noela for your wonderful generous gift!  
That means it is my turn to make gifts for three other bloggers.  If you would like to receive a handmade gift from me and then be willing to make a gift for three other bloggers when you receive mine, just leave a comment on this post stating you would like to do this.  You have a year to make the gifts after you receive mine, and you must have an active blog to participate.  Wendy xx

17 comments:

  1. Wendy you are going great guns on your CH. I will show my first block soon, I have nearly finished after months of decisions of fabric choices!
    Lovely gifts, really like the little mat with the stitched 'W'.

    Have a happy week knitting & stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching is so lovely..gorgeous block as are your gifts from Noela. I was so very chuffed to see she had used my Alphabet for your Initial. The fabrics are beautiful. Enjoy your Timeouts xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post is beautiful Wendy ... love all your pictures especially the new block & your cardy colour is stunning.
    I think the pay-it-forward idea is just lovely. I try to practise that principle in my everyday life as much as I can & try to encourage my sons to as well. I would love to participate in it & would happily make gifts for 3 other bloggers. Hugs, Julie x0x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the yarn colour you have chosen for your summer cardi. Pretty stitches in your latest project.
    Those sure are lovelies you received from Noela.

    ReplyDelete
  5. such a beautiful parcel to receive from Noela Wendy and i love your blocks and the colour of your cardigan.xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you love your gifts Wendy. I enjoyed making them for you. Hugs....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous gifts Wendy - bet you were thrilled. Beautiful color for your cardy and your Lynette Anderson bom is coming along beautifully

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful PIF Gift...Lovely Mug Rug
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  9. really love the blocks you are making... and what lovely gifties you got...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice to see all that you are making, and the stitching is just awesome! If you need another participant, I would love to join the pay-it-forward project!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Cranky Geese are gorgeous!! And lovely PIF gifts - Noela's work is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Wendy,

    Those geese are great, the non pecking sort I hope. Gosh your knitting is going great, I admire people who can knit. What a lovely parcel to receive, enjoy those goodies.

    Happy days.
    Bev.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Wendy - great CH block there, I am frightened of having to make yo-yos without my great maker & those ones look tiny, eek!
    Beautiful PIF gifts from Noela - I love those fabrics, and the W mat is so sweet - lucky you!
    As I am already participating in a PIF at the moment, I will not put my hand up - I am sure you will get plenty of names!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have followed your blog for a while now and do enjoy your "posts". You make wonderful things. Love the colour of your new cardy. The gifts you received are really lovely. I believe in PIF, would love to join this great idea but don't have a blog.Shirley N.Z.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your gifts from Noela are gorgeous Wendy. Love the colour of your new cardy, so pretty! Enjoy your PIF, I see you have enough volunteers already.... maybe another time....

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love those cranky geese and the colour of your new cardigan is right up my street. Can't wait to see the matching dress ;o) Gorgeous gifts Noela sent you... love your new mug rug. Far to nice to drip coffee on!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!