Saturday 13 June 2015

Lark and Flutter

Over at The Monthly Stitch it is Indie Pattern month with weekly challenges and prizes.  This week it is all about separates and I have completed a Lark maxi cardigan and a Flutter Tunic, both patterns were already in my stash and on my to-do list.

The Lark maxi cardigan is a Jamie Christina pattern and I thought it would be a versatile piece to add to my wardrobe working just as well over a dress.  The fabric I used is a cotton knit with a ribbed pattern.  I made the Medium size, view A and made it exactly to the pattern.  It was the first time I used fusible hemming tape and it certainly made the hems easier to manage.  This was a great pattern to use.

The top I made is the Flutter tunic by Papercut patterns.  I had bought the fabric in February with the intention to make a blouse and finally decided on this design.  It is a sheer polyester I bought from The Fabric Store for $15.96.  I had seen this tunic was worn quite baggy which doesn't suit me so I decided to make it a size smaller than my usual and made a muslin to check the fitting.  I ended up making the small size in the shoulders and sleeves and the medium size for the darts and side seams and shortened the tunic length slightly.  I have a favourite purchased top that is a similar shape and it has ties so I decided to copy that feature.  I simply made long ties and then sewed them to the back seam, sewing a cross for extra strength.  I really love this tunic and I have worn it quite a lot already, layering a merino top under it on the cold days, of which there have been many lately!

Thank you for stopping by here and for your comments, I always appreciate them, Wendy xx

11 comments:

  1. They both look great and work really well together. I wouldn't mind making that top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look really fabulous. Your hand made wardrobe is getting better and better. Love your hairstyle too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendy you are so clever - they are just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that long cardie is just lovely.The top is very pretty too.Loving all your hand mades you're doing great.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful new winter clothes Wendy. I love that long cardy so much I am tempted to make one :-) I really love cardy's & have some short ones but that long one would be so ideal for lots of outfits. I also love the cowl you are wearing. Beautiful photo of your cat in the autumn light in the last photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love that maxi top... well done.... you are doing lots for your wardrobe...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love both of them. They go so well together - think the Mother will be sneaking down to Hamilton to whisk away the maxi cardi for these cold winter days!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! Gosh you are a really beautiful women. You sure suit the colour blue.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sewing is great !! and the model is wonderful !!
    Florence

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've just had a quick catch up on the blog posts I've missed and boy have you been busy, beautiful work, you're a machine :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that on you. Clever lady.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a message!